Re: Hylafax startup problem

> Hi,
>
>    I am using Slackware 3.6 with 2.0.36 kernel.  I installed hylafax
> 4.0pl2.  After I got everything setup, I have a error message on my syslog
>
> FaxQueuet[80]: Can not deduce identity of UUCP
>
> any idea of this error.

There is no uucp user in your (main, not fax) password file.  All Slackware
systems that I have installed, upto 3.5, have included an entry for uucp.
It is also conceivable that you have statically linked with a library that
expects shadow passwords but aren't running a system with shadow passwords.

UUCPLock::setupIDs()
{
    if (UUCPuid == (uid_t) -1) {
        const passwd *pwd = getpwnam("uucp");
        if (!pwd)
            faxApp::fatal("Can not deduce identity of UUCP");
        UUCPuid = pwd->pw_uid;
        UUCPgid = pwd->pw_gid;
        endpwent();                     // paranoia
    }
}

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions