Re: [hylafax-users] R: R: Hylafax Freeze with no error or warning

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Giuseppe Dia <giuseppe.dia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seems a known bug here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hylafax/+bug/600219
> I think I should stick in a watchdog cron script, as David Forrest
> suggested. My mileage will vary indeed as I'm forced to restart hylafax
> altogheter rather than spawning new faxgetty, because having many of them I
> don't really know which one fails (I must say they all fail, to be fair).
> What's your take on this?
> Bye and thanks for the help so far.

If that's the same bug, and you can reproduce and have basic skills at
GDB, or linux, we'ld love to get a copy of a core file, or back trace
or anything really on the crashing faxgetty.

None of the "backtraces" or dump in that ticket are actually faxgetty,
they are all lots of various children of faxgetty (like tiff2pdf,
called from faxrcvd, during a non-crashing faxgetty run).  And both
reported it "fixed" after upgrading kernel and replacing faulty
hardware...

a.