Re: [hylafax-users] R: Hylafax Freeze with no error or warning

Modem power *could be* a problem.  USB 2.0 specifies a maximum power current to 500 ma can be provided (I think the minimum specified is 200 ma, but I have to double check that and the spec is not at my fingertips at the moment).  Over the past few years, board manufactures have tended to 'skimp' on current capabilities on the USB ports.  This is a general statement, many mfg do not put the current specs for the USB ports in their board manuals.
To eliminate USB power as an potential problem, one can use an externally powered USB port expander or, use a USB cable that has a second parallel USB plug to provide additional power.

Good luck,

John