Re: [hylafax-users] Some faxes received at recipient blank

On 28/04/10 13:44, Lee Howard wrote:
> Daren Russell wrote:
>> On 27/04/10 17:51, Lee Howard wrote:
>>
>>> See:
>>>
>>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.fax.hylafax.user/33229
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Lee.
>> Hi Lee
>>
>> Thanks for pointing me to that.
>>
>> However, I don't seem to have a gs2fax() function in common-functions,
>>

> It would seem, then, that hylafax.org has rewritten the applicable
> function, unfortunately.  So my recommendation will have to be to use
> HylaFAX+ 5.4.1 (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net) and either make the
> common-functions change there or apply the patch... or wait until I
> cut 5.4.2 (hopefully this weekend).
>
>> and the common-functions file was under bin/ and not etc/.  Is this
>> because this is Hylafax 6.0.4?
>>

> I'm sorry, I did mean to write /var/spool/hylafax/bin/common-functions
> and not put it in etc/.
>
>> I did find a ConvertFile() function, where one of the case checks is for
>> a tiff file, using $PS2FAX and $PDF2FAX.  Would those extra lines go
>> into those statements?
>>

> I'm not very familiar with any hylafax.org release past 4.2.2-ish.
> So, inasmuch as hylafax.org rewrites things I can't be of much help
> with altering code in their releases.
>
>> And to confirm that our system (FreeBSD) did update ghostscript recently
>> to 8.71.
>
> Yeah, I'm sure you're looking at the same problem.

Thanks Lee.

Hylafax was installed using BSD's ports system, so I didn't really
"choose" between the two!

For now, I've downgraded GS to 8.70 to see if that really is the issue.
I'll have a look at swapping over to Hylafax+ in the near future.  I
presume it will work ok with Avantfax?

Regards
Daren