Re: [hylafax-users] Some faxes received at recipient blank

On 27/04/10 17:51, Lee Howard wrote:
> Daren Russell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We've been using Hylafax with great success for a few years now,
>> recently (well, about 6 months ago) adding Avantfax to the mix.
>>
>> Over the last week, though, we have been having issues when sending
>> faxes which are being received but completely blank.  If I log onto the
>> server and re-send the doc???.ps using sendfax (although, it was to a
>> different number where I can see the final result) the fax is
>> received ok.
>>
> (bad one...)
>
>> Apr 27 14:32:17.92: [14585]: USE 2-D MMR
>>

> (good one...)
>
>> Apr 27 16:36:06.99: [16994]: USE 1-D MH
>>
>> Any ideas what's going on here?
>
> See:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.fax.hylafax.user/33229
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee.

Hi Lee

Thanks for pointing me to that.

However, I don't seem to have a gs2fax() function in common-functions,
and the common-functions file was under bin/ and not etc/.  Is this
because this is Hylafax 6.0.4?

I did find a ConvertFile() function, where one of the case checks is for
a tiff file, using $PS2FAX and $PDF2FAX.  Would those extra lines go
into those statements?

And to confirm that our system (FreeBSD) did update ghostscript recently
to 8.71.

Regards
Daren