Re: [hylafax-users] Numerous NO CARRIER errors

* Ryan Cooley <rcooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [100409 11:33]:

> I must say, asking for help on this list has been nothing but a waste
> of time so far.  Sure, it would help if I was a complete idiot, but
> otherwise...

Well, "NO CARRIER" is a pretty well understood error.  The modem
dialled, the call was connected, and after trying to get a T.30 fax
carrier, the modem finally gave up and outputted "NO CARRIER".

There is not much more any of us can say about that error...  There's a
zillion possible reasons why the call connects and the modem can't get a
fax carrier...  The best thing for you to do is as Daniel suggested:
turn the modem volume up and listen to a failing call.  If it sounds
like it should be a fax, you can blame and go to your modem manufacturer
and ask why that modem can't do fax with that device.  If it doesn't
sound like a real fax, you'll at least know you can't blame the modem,
and you'll follow that trail...

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,