Re: [hylafax-users] Numerous NO CARRIER errors

Good advise...as I also responded shortly after his initial post that USR modems are highly problomatic and he should replace them and see what happens. If he did as much searching as he indicated, then the red lights about those modems should have gone off in his head and look at them as a highly probable cause.

Then again, if he is as good as he says he is, combing through the code provides *lots* of insight.

Oh well, hope he gets his refund.
-J

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Marshall Henderson <marshallmch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Ryan Cooley <rcooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:28:34 -0500
> Daniel Bourque <dbourque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> So you don't have a PRI or POTs ? just OC-3 link coming in ?
>> sounds like Verizon provides your phone service via VOIP , is that the
>> case ?
>
> Certainly not.  We have all traditional phone lines.  The termination is simply a optical carrier (multiple muxed PRIs), but all this is irrelevant, and I merely pointed it out to illustrate that there's certainly no noise on the lines...
>
> I must say, asking for help on this list has been nothing but a waste of time so far.  Sure, it would help if I was a complete idiot, but otherwise...

Apparently, the keyword in your last sentence is "if". With one fell
swoop, you've now limited if not completely disabled any chance of
receiving any helpful suggestions or advice from the list. If it's
such a waste of your time, why are you still here *itching about the
suggestions you've received? In case you've forgotten, the list
members *volunteer* to help as time permits. There are a handful of
VERY qualified people on this list that *WERE* probably willing to
help you as their time allowed, myself included. I know of at least
one list member who only responds on the weekends, but does so for
*ALL* posts he can contribute on, and he is the best person by far to
be answering your questions. But, given the waste of time this list
is, you probably wouldn't be interested in receiving this help
anyways. Nobody forced you to request help here. If you're unsatisfied
with the response, request a refund.

Good luck, and good riddance.

<wasteoftime>
On a side note, why don't you search the mailing list archives for
problems with USR modems and Hylafax or fax in general? A bit of
research on your end can go a long ways. You'll see they're probably
one of the worst choices of modem for faxing.
</wasteoftime>

Marshall