Re: [hylafax-users] Numerous NO CARRIER errors

On Wednesday 07 Apr 2010, Ryan Cooley wrote:
> We've been having a problem with Hylafax for quite some time.  I'd say
> 1/3rd of our attempts to send faxes result in either NO CARRIER or NO
> ANSWER errors.
[stuff deleted]
> I've fully tested the modems and serial ports, and they appear to behave
> perfectly 100% of the time no matter how much I try to stress them (at
> least with normal PC data connections).  The relevant phone lines also
> haven't demonstrated any problems at all in my testing.

This may be a silly question but, are you sure there is no noise on the phone
lines?

Are you on direct exchange lines or going via a PABX?

Have you done a "loopback" test, dialling out on one line and coming back in
on another?  (Easy with voice .....  for data, you will need to set up mgetty
instead of faxgetty, and run minicom or a similar terminal emulator.)

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the