Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux - HylaFAX with new external serial modem

coherence wrote:
I've tried minicom and have been perplexed to discover it behaves as if the modem is simply not there.

When running minicom are you first stopping faxgetty?

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Lee, thanks for your help.

Yeah, I did shut down faxgetty first.  Yours is a very good question however, because I found out the hard way (weeks earlier, when things were working) that faxgetty will mess with minicom - and your head - if it isn't disengaged first.

In further desperation I even went to the extent of removing all the HylaFAX services from startup as part of my 'any-voodoo-no-matter-how-weird-is-fair-game' troubleshooting methodology, although this didn't help.

Thanks for your suggestion; from Guiseppe Sacco's post a little earlier, it stands a good chance of being a hardware glitch so I'll let everyone know tomorrow how it works out.

cheers,

cam