Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux - HylaFAX with new external serial modem

My usual action at this moment: try minicom (or any terminal program
of your liking). If you can talk to it (ATZ, ATI0...ATI6, ATZ) and it
Ring Ring-s when you call the fax number, let's look at it again and
in more detail.

Uwe

Hi Uwe, thanks for your response. :)

I've tried minicom and have been perplexed to discover it behaves as if the modem is simply not there.. from my post:
What is very strange is that minicom also seems to be affected by this, suggesting a problem with the modem or serial port. Where previously I'd been able to use minicom to dial out, pick up the line (answer), set and get the values of the modem's registers, now it simply ignores all commands and outputs nothing, although minicom does not report any errors.

..which leaves me wondering if the serial port has somehow gone *phut* although I can't think how!  :-/

cam