Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux - HylaFAX with new external serial modem

On 3/29/10, coherence <hylafax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone, got an interesting one for you:

> Thinking I'd experienced a modem failure I purchased a new Dynalink
> (Netcomm) CD2004 Mega-i-Modem (RS-232) modem and visited the site to
> install. This did not make any difference.

> Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 19200 9600 4800 2400 1200
> Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the
> correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly.  If
> all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed.

My usual action at this moment: try minicom (or any terminal program
of your liking). If you can talk to it (ATZ, ATI0...ATI6, ATZ) and it
Ring Ring-s when you call the fax number, let's look at it again and
in more detail.

Uwe