Re: [hylafax-users] Debian Linux - HylaFAX with new external serial modem

The hardware is an HP DL380 G3 with loads of disk, CPU and RAM
available for the task.
[...]

serial line on hp hardware does not work. This is a very very common
problem on hp hardware.
When the problem happen, the only solution is to stop the server, unplug
power cord, then restart.
Buy on usb/serial converter and everything will work correctly.

Bye,
Giuseppe
Hi Giuseppe, thanks for your suggestion, I'd never have thought of it myself! I think I need some better Google-Fu too, I should have found something myself on this issue if it is common as you say.

I'll pop down tomorrow and do the full shutdown/cord-out/restart workaround to see how that goes, but I'll probably also take your advice and order a USB-to-serial converter as well, thanks so much. :)

I'll post my findings tomorrow.

cam