Re: [hylafax-users] Empty pages

Am 18.09.2008 23:16 schrieb Bodo Meissner:

> I had the same problem and was not able to resolve this. So I finally
> replaced my hardware with an Eicon (now Dialogic) Diva Server card that
> does not need capi4hylafax. This has the additional advantage that I can
> use dynamic configuration that does not work with c4h.

I am very close to  rip out the B1 and replace it with an old fashioned
serial modem or anything that doesn't require capi4hylafax. I would
prefer not to use a modem in conjunction with an extra analog-digital
connector, but I really do need fax capabilities. (Btw: Can I use a USB
modem with hylafax?)

> To test this I did the following:

That was basically the same way of testing that I used.

>> Well, to be sure, the tag line isn't even on the pages' top, it's in the
>> middle of the empty pages.
>
> Maybe the viewer centers the short page?

I don't think so, because the page is recognized as A4 by every PDF
reader that I use to open the page.

> This reduced speed is probably because the card can send with 14400 and
> receive with 9600 only.

Yes, of course. But there's still the mistery that faxes sent between
two capi4hylafax stations, which each have the same empty pages problem,
appear completely and correct at each others station.

--
Wolfgang Klein, DE - Paderborn       ,_,
PGP-Schlüssel per e-mail anfordern: (o,o) Request PGP key by e-mail: