[hylafax-users] Empty pages (was: Re: Incomplete faxes)

Hello,

On 06.09.2008 at 11:10 Lee Howard (lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Please read:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-over-voip.pdf

Lee, I read this document with great interest, because it is possible
that I might have experienced those problems without knowing what caused
the problems.

My problem is this:

If I use Hylafax and Capi4hylafax then some (and only some!) recipients
complain about incomplete faxes. Whenever I send faxes containing more
than one page to those recipients, only the first page contains
information. The second and following pages are empty except for the
tag-line.

I am very sure that we are still connected via a normal and old
fashioned telephone line and not via VoIP. At least that's what our
telcom provider told us.

You know much more about faxes than I do, so I'd like to ask you what
you think about this: could it be that those empty pages occur when the
recipients are connected by VoIP, most probably without even knowing it?
Could the explanation be that simple?

I checked and double-checked every file that is involved in the process
of sending faxes as far as I am able to: the generated tiff and
postscript files are complete, there's nothing missing there, so the
pages must get corrupted while actually being sent.

I also tried several versions and combinations of Hylafax and
Capi4hylafax and they all show the described behaviour, so that should
prove that neither of those two programs is buggy.

But, on the other hand, if I use Capisuite, which brings its own
capisuitefax to send faxes, all page are sent correctly and contain
every piece of information when they arrive.

So, either Capisuite can deal with buggy phone lines while Capi4hylafax
can't, or there has to be a really nasty big bug in my system which only
makes itself noticed when I use Capi4hylafax.

Do you (or any one else) have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
Wolfgang Klein, Paderborn / Germany