Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax future plans?

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
About new features, I may only try to write a few, but I think that this mailing list can propose a better list.

1. ssl connection client/server (even for autentication purposes) 2.
 http connection client/server (in order to bypass NATs)

Like my point of view, hylafax hasn't to include directly this features, for many reasons: - new implementations of this protocols mean a lot of work by the developer(s) that, for me, have to focus their work to the create an aways better fax server (although isn't simple to make a better one ;) ) - if the devel(s) at the hylafax starts decide to use the ftp protocol, a reason have to exists and I don't know if they want to change it - like can see, the ftp protocol are done internally, so recreate the http (at least) internally can be a big and hard work - ssl connections for both http and ftp into the secure version required some externals libraries and I don't know if the devel(s) want to add other dependences to the hylafax package

For me it's better to create a new hylafax+http or hylafax+which_name?
that use some already present and stable code that, with a small work,
can do the "new protocols" work. I have already some ideas for the
implementation and if someone wants, we can talk about them.

3. clustering (many machines polling from the same queues)

Also for this, I think that have to be an external project that do the work. But here the work isn't so simple...

4. better/easy way to create cover pages and *archive* them with faxes

+1!

Good night, Giuseppe

Ciao, Michele