Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax future plans?

Hi Darren,

Il giorno mer, 03/09/2008 alle 17.46 -0400, Darren Nickerson ha scritto:
[...]
> We're about ready to cut a beta for the next release, we have a few
> features to land in CVS yet, but I'd say you could expect to see
> something in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for this good news. I just re-subscribed to the list, in order to
better follow such development. It's quite sad I won't be able to made
it in Debian lenny, since we already freezed a lot of packages and I
shouldn't dare to switch to a different release at this point.

> I'd be interested to know which bugs you think should be included in
> the next release, and what features you think are presently missing.

Well, all reported bugs should be fixed :-)
Anyway, I think at least 465, 791, 859, 876, 885, 887, 890, 891,
892/894, 893, 896 plus a few debian bugs: #404923, #405149, #409345.

About new features, I may only try to write a few, but I think that this
mailing list can propose a better list.

1. ssl connection client/server (even for autentication purposes)
2. http connection client/server (in order to bypass NATs)
3. clustering (many machines polling from the same queues)
4. better/easy way to create cover pages and *archive* them with faxes

Good night,
Giuseppe