Re: [hylafax-users] queueing issue

Siri Vias Khalsa wrote:
The most important thing is to get all of the faxes out ASAP. If I set
MaxBatchJobs:1 and MaxConcurrentCalls to my max number of ports, it
should send them all individually using as many lines as it can, right?
In your opinion, would it be faster when sending say 100 faxes to Batch
them or to send them individually, assuming multiple lines on both
sides?

By ASAP I assume that you mean that the important thing is throughput and not minimal time-off-hook.

If that understanding is correct then, yes, disable batching and set MaxConcurrentCalls to the lesser number of your max lines out and the receiver's max lines in.

If by ASAP you (confusingly) mean minimal time-off-hook, then leave batching at default (enabled, 64 jobs) and change MaxConcurrentCalls to 1.

For those who are reading this and want a "blend" of the two... then you mix MaxConcurrentCalls and MaxBatchJobs to match your desire.

However, for those others who are reading this... be aware that it is *unwise* to set MaxConcurrentCalls to anything other than 1 unless you are certain that the destination actually has more than one incoming fax line.

Thanks,

*Lee Howard*
*Mainpine, Inc. Support Manager*
Tel: +1 866 363 6680 ext 4 | Fax: +1 360 462 8160
lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com