Re: [hylafax-users] queueing issue

* Siri Vias Khalsa <sirivias.khalsa@xxxxxxxxxx> [080501 15:24]:

> Thanks Lee,
>
> The most important thing is to get all of the faxes out ASAP. If I set
> MaxBatchJobs:1 and MaxConcurrentCalls to my max number of ports, it
> should send them all individually using as many lines as it can, right?
> In your opinion, would it be faster when sending say 100 faxes to Batch
> them or to send them individually, assuming multiple lines on both
> sides?

Well, with batching, you eliminate the call setup and initial T.30
handshake, so batching 100 faxes together means you can eliminate 99
call setup and initial T.30 negotiaion.  It can add up to quite a bit of
savings on "call time".

But that said, if you know that both you and the destination can have
have 10 faxes in-session with eachother, they will obviously go through
with shorter "wall time" if you have 10 sessions of 10 batched jobs
going at once, even though the total "call time" would be higher.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103