Re: [hylafax-users] Can not get the DynamicConfig to work

Chris Weiss wrote:
 In sections like:
        # If your line supports Caller-ID, you may want to uncomment this...
        # ModemResetCmds:       AT+VCID=1
        # CallIDPattern:        "NMBR="
        # CallIDPattern:        "NAME="

would there be any harm in having these uncommented by default?

Not necessarily harm, but the result could be undefined in situations where either Caller*ID support does not exist on the line, the command somehow is wrong for the modem, or the modem doesn't actually support Caller*ID.

As these templates were developed a long, long time ago and are often being used by many different models (and sometimes makes) of modems there is no real sure way to know what the outcome would be. As faxaddmodem isn't often re-ran in every upgrade the issues would only trickle in slowly; we'd not have an immediate idea of what the outcome would be.

Traditionally, HylaFAX modem configuration has taken the perspective that Caller*ID support is something that must be "turned on". That said, I turned-on Caller*ID support in the iaxmodem prototype config file by default - mostly because I knew that everyone was going to want it and because there's no doubt about whether or not it's fully supported.

Thanks,

*Lee Howard*
*Mainpine, Inc. Support Manager*
Tel: +1 866 363 6680 ext 4 | Fax: +1 360 462 8160
lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com