Re: [hylafax-users] Can not get the DynamicConfig to work

* Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080501 11:35]:

> This was, probably, the most difficult configuration job I had to do in many
> years, matching configuring an X-server in complexity and the number of
> gotchas...

Can you point out how the man pages could be enhanced?  The
hylafax-config man page describing DynamicConfig explicitly references
CallID1/CallID2, etc, which are also explictly referenced in all the
CallIDPattern parts in the same man page.

> If the prefixes you list are the most common, should not something
> like "{NMBR|NAME|ANID|NDID}\s*=\s*" be the /default/ settings?..

Well, actually, they happen to be the correct settings on my testing
desktop, which is running IAXModem, not a hardware modem.  But they also
happen to not be right for the production systems I have.

But looking at the modem default config templates, I *do* see commented
CallIDPattern options listed in them, so generally, the config file
produce by faxaddmodem will have samples that are "relevant" to the
modem:
	mountie@pepper:/var/spool/hylafax/config$ grep 'NMBR'  *
	digi:# CallIDPattern:   "NMBR="
	digi-2:# CallIDPattern: "NMBR="
	digi-20:# CallIDPattern:        "NMBR="
	iaxmodem:CallIDPattern:          "NMBR="
	lucent:# CallIDPattern: "NMBR="
	lucent-mt-10:# CallIDPattern:   "NMBR="
	lucent-mt-2:# CallIDPattern:    "NMBR="
	lucent-mt-20:# CallIDPattern:   "NMBR="
	lucent-mt-21:# CallIDPattern:   "NMBR="
	mainpine-10:# CallIDPattern:    "NMBR="
	mainpine-2:# CallIDPattern:     "NMBR="
	mainpine-20:# CallIDPattern:    "NMBR="
	mainpine-21:# CallIDPattern:    "NMBR="
	rc144ac:#CallIDPattern:         "NMBR = "       # pattern string for phone number info
	rockwell-rc:#CallIDPattern:             "NMBR = "       # pattern string for phone number info
	t38modem:#   NMBR = <calling number>
	t38modem:#CallIDPattern:                "NMBR = "       # pattern string for calling number

In sections like:
	# If your line supports Caller-ID, you may want to uncomment this...
	# ModemResetCmds:       AT+VCID=1
	# CallIDPattern:        "NMBR="
	# CallIDPattern:        "NAME="

What modem do you have? If you are willing to find out which template
faxaddmodem picked, we can add those to that template too.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103