Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine, v.34, color faxing and Hylafax debate continued...

* Michael Hallager <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080115 09:54]:
> > Phone time is cheap but it adds up.  It's still the single largest
> > expense, and can quickly dwarf the cost of fax hardware, including
> > servers...
>
> Thats why sending color support should be a turn on / off feature.
>
> Keeps everyone happy.

Nobody has argued that colour sending should *not* be supported in
HylaFAX.  I think we would *all* like to see it supported.

But somebody (or some entity) has to think it's worth it enough to
dedicate the resources to it to make it happen.  Those resources could
be actual development time, funds/contracts to support development time,
or enough interest in it to develop it as hobby project, or even enough
enticement/excitement to make somebody else think it's worth the
resources.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103