Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine, v.34, color faxing and Hylafax debate continued...

> Actually my "lack of response" has everything to do with the lack of
> desire for color fax sending among my clients.  Color fax reception was
> developed (somewhat on a whim) with them in mind, but as JPEG faxes are
> *MUCH* bigger than JBIG or MMR faxes and thus that *MUCH* longer to
> receive - in every case they have instructed me to disable color support
> in their configuration.

Color faxing is only becoming more popular.

Use of v.34 (Also becoming more common) will cut the time down a lot

Phone time is cheap, certainly here in NZ...

> It's been years now... and the reason I haven't gotten around to
> implementing color fax sending in "hobby interests" is that to do it
> right it's a comparatively big project.  It involves learning JPEG,
> libjpeg, and implementing proper ITULAB JPEG support in libtiff (without
> patching libjpeg).  I just haven't had that much "hobby time" for such a
> project for a long time.  I have to put my time to where my clients'
> needs are.

I do not have the necessary programming skills although I'd certainly assist
you in testing and with anything else I can.