Re: [hylafax-users] Mainpine, v.34, color faxing and Hylafax debate continued...

* Michael Hallager <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080115 09:00]:
> > Actually my "lack of response" has everything to do with the lack of
> > desire for color fax sending among my clients.  Color fax reception was
> > developed (somewhat on a whim) with them in mind, but as JPEG faxes are
> > *MUCH* bigger than JBIG or MMR faxes and thus that *MUCH* longer to
> > receive - in every case they have instructed me to disable color support
> > in their configuration.
>
> Color faxing is only becoming more popular.
>
> Use of v.34 (Also becoming more common) will cut the time down a lot
>
> Phone time is cheap, certainly here in NZ...

Phone time is cheap but it adds up.  It's still the single largest
expense, and can quickly dwarf the cost of fax hardware, including
servers...

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103