Re: [hylafax-users] Is this evidence of line noise ?

On Jan 15, 2008 12:57 PM, Andrew Rinaldi <andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> George H wrote:
> > Using:
> > HylaFAX+ 5.2.1
> > Multitech 5600ZDX
> > Modem behind CISCO gatway using internal DID.
> >
> > I probably would rule out noise made by the gateway since if I had
> > such a problem i'd be flooded with these errors. I get these only
> > occasionally like.. I'd say 4 to 5 times a day. Where every day I get
> > between 800 to 1000 pages.
>
> Can you tell us the exact CISCO gateway and interface cards you are
> using ?  Is the modem connected to a FXS port on the router or onto a
> voice gateway on your LAN ?

We're using a CISCO C3825 Voice Gateway
The modems are connected to FXS ports (VIC_4FXS Module).
This particular modem is connected to the FXS port whose line is
connected (on the other side) through an FXO (VIC_2FXO) and then going
through an E1 (VWIC_2MFT_E1). Then the E1 is connected directly to the
POTS.

I have 3 modems on that kind of config.
I have another 2 modems on the same config except they don't go
through the E1 the go out of the FXO and directly to the POTS.

And i'll repeat the modem session long attached is the modem going
through the FXS -> FXO -> E1.

Hope this helps.

--
"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"