Re: [hylafax-users] Is this evidence of line noise ?

George H wrote:
We're using a CISCO C3825 Voice Gateway

Okay, so that's an IP based phone switch

And i'll repeat the modem session long attached is the modem going
through the FXS -> FXO -> E1.

Well, I suspect that you could have a whole cloud of IP based routing between those ports.... I don't know enough about these Cisco systems to tell you that either way. I do know that the Linksys One works in that way. If someone can analyse the HylaFAX logs in detail then maybe that will confirm my hunch. You could also try contacting Cisco and asking them the question.

If you have a 'real' analog POTS line then moving one of your high volume numbers to that would help narrow down the issue. If you only change the line type and NOTHING else then if your problems go away you know it's the switch.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com