Re: [hylafax-users] Using HylaFAX Server as fax messaging gateway

On 1/14/08, George H <george.dma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --
> I'm not sure if hylafax was even meant to be used that way. I know
> some fax machines have certain options where they can save a scanned
> document to a shared folder on a network, but even then where or how
> would you get it to save the destination number?

a plain fax machine couldn't, but a multifunction device could.  Any
device that supports "internet fax" can be made to work with hylafax.

as for "why have fax at all", here it's primarily for signatures and
scanning and emailing is too complex for "basic users", and not
everyone has a scanner but most everyone has access to a fax machine,
even if it is at a copy shop.