Re: [hylafax-users] Can't get file to the server

I am attempting to set up communication to a remote Hylafax server. I was intending to use the sendfax command, but I'm afraid that I'm not able to open the appropriate type of connection (something about not supporting telnet??). So I moved on to the perl Fax:Hylafax:Client.

It installed properly, but it is timing out when attempting to send the file to the server. Here is the trace:

[root@localhost Fax-Hylafax-Client-1.02]# make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
1..1

To test this module you will need access to a properly configured
HylaFAX server. Do you want to continue? [Y/N]: (Y) Y

Please enter the hostname of the server: (localhost) XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Please enter the username to connect as: (anonymous) test
Please enter the password: (anonymous)
Please enter your e-mail address (the server will send notifications here):
rmorin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Please enter the fax number to dial: XXXXXXXXXX
We're now ready to connect to the server. Press ENTER to continue.

Net::FTP>>> Net::FTP(2.75)
Net::FTP>>>   Exporter(5.58)
Net::FTP>>>   Net::Cmd(2.26)
Net::FTP>>>   IO::Socket::INET(1.27)
Net::FTP>>>     IO::Socket(1.28)
Net::FTP>>>       IO::Handle(1.24)
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)<<< 220 server.name.net server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.3.3) ready.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)>>> user test
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)<<< 230 User test logged in.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)>>> TYPE I
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)<<< 200 Type set to Image.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)>>> ALLO 3342
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)<<< 502 ALLO: Command not implemented.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)>>> PORT XX,XX,XX,XX,188,3
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)<<< 200 PORT command successful.
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc)>>> STOR /tmp/doc.localhost.localdomain.1200260453260689492
Net::FTP=GLOB(0x82e47dc): Timeout at blib/lib/Fax/Hylafax/Client.pm line 308
Fax::Hylafax::Client: Communication error:  at test.pl line 44
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

There shouldn't be any firewalls running between the servers.

Looking at my hylafax server, there is a directory /var/spool/hylafax/tmp. In it, I'm finding the file name, but it is empty (0.00 kb).  The permissions on it are rw-r-----, user is uucp, Group is unknown.

I was also having difficulty trying to ftp a file up to the server. It was losing the connection immediately. When I changed the permissions on the directory that I was ftp'ing to, it is now able to 'put' the file. But I still cannot run the test script above.

Any suggestions why this might not be working? Is there someplace else I can look for further errors to assist in the troubleshooting?

Thank you in advance,
Rob Morin

PS - I also submitted this information to the perl script owner. But I thought someone on this list might be able to help me as well, as I don't think it is necessarily related to the script.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions