Re: [hylafax-users] Using HylaFAX Server as fax messaging gateway

hmm is that what's happening? rich text gets converted to Base64 ?
Anyways here's my repost.

--
I'm not sure if hylafax was even meant to be used that way. I know
some fax machines have certain options where they can save a scanned

Aside from that you could send a fax to HylaFAX, it receives it and
through a customized script you can place it the received TIFF
document somewhere on the system. Then again through scripting or some
clever postfix-mail mangling get that TIFF document to be re-faxed out
through HylaFAX. I'm thinking maybe have some daemon to monitor new
TIFFs in a folder and then send it to hylafax using the existing
command line utilities it comes with.. or through email where HylaFAX
send the received fax by mail and your mail server just re-routes the
mail back to hylafax with the destination number and hylafax faxes it
out.

Either way it's going to be more complicated. For me.. we're using
hyalfax as a replacement to the faxmachine. Everyone has a PC and
internal email. Why have a faxmachine at all ? plus photocopy machines
now act as scanners and with batch copying.. you can scan a document
100 pages in a few minutes automatically. some nice machines save them
as TIFF files as well.