Re: [hylafax-users] 'No response to PPS repeated 3 times' error

I'll get the line tested. There's some major construction going on next door, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Thanks again.

Best,
Steve

Andrew Rinaldi wrote:
Stephen Opalenski wrote:
I know we used to have an ADSL service from Verizon that we canceled. I was also told that in order to fax we needed the microfilter or 'dongle'. The line we fax on was also the line the ADSL modem was hooked into. The phone jack for the line actually had a splitter on it. I guess to check all this I would call the phone company?

I will try replacing the filter and look into line testing.

If the ADSL service has been turned off at the telephone exchange then you will no longer need the filter. You can think of ADSL as high frequency 'noise' that sits 'on top' of the normal telephone audio;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL

I'd suggest you get the line tested by the Telco...

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com