Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax+ With E1 card possible ?

Hi George,

Can you tell us what CISCO hardware you are using ?  We have spent a lot of
time recently with a system using SVR3000/SVR200/VGA2100 hardware on E1
lines and have been unable to get fax working 'reliably'.  It's possible
that some of the issues we are experiencing are because it's a 'hosted' IP
solution.... we just don't know yet.

Their are no fundamental problems with HylaFAX.... it's probably in the top
5 of most reliable fax server solutions that you can deploy.  We test
something like 50 different fax software solutions and so I think we should
know.  As Lee explained yesterday fax hardware is still a vital component in
many deployments.  Yes, you can deploy budget hardware but I think you have
seen the results.  Alternatively, if you invest in a Mainpine IQ Express
board not only do you get the latest technology but you also get it from a
company that really cares about fax.

Personally, if I was deploying a digital solution then I'd either look at a
channel bank with Mainpine modems (gives you V.34 and incredible
simplicity), or Asterisk and IAXmodem (only V.17 but supports more complex
routing capabilities).  An awful lot depends on how much time you want to
spend administering the system (if you are deploying 60 servers then the
answer is keep it simple).

I'd encourage you to contact Derrek Sypert (derrek.sypert@xxxxxxxxxxxx) to
discuss your requirements in depth.  Derrek has worked in the fax software
industry for many years including supporting most of the major fax software
solutions.  You might also wish to take advantage of our 30 day return
policy (try a Mainpine fax board for 30 days... if you don't like it then
return it and you only pay for the shipping).

And finally, could you do me a really big favour and send me a copy of the
email that you sent to sales (preferably a copy in your sent folder so that
it has the time and date stamps) ?  We've had some reports of lost email
recently and the sooner we can track this down the better.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com