Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax+ With E1 card possible ?

Hi Steve,

Look carefully at the 'Japanese' chipsets..... you might find some surprises
about their origins.  Canon have used Rockwell (Conexant) chipsets for many
years... a lot of datapump code was broken when companies took up the
Rockwell reference designs.

I believe that one of the reasons behind the litigation issues are the
'woolly' nature of the licensing model adopted by the ITU.  It's not
uncommon for patent holders to approach 'licensed' modem vendors in the hope
of securing additional 'license' fees.

With regards to T.38 and V.34 I'm only passing on what I know.... often the
issue is not what's theoretically possible but what's actually deployed in
the field.  Let's face it, T.38 should have been done and dusted years
ago.... but everything I hear says that we are still years from a simple and
robust solution.  I'm happy to say that this is in stark contrast with the
analog fax board which at last offers 'plug-n-play' with enhanced features
such as V.34 and JBIG.... now, if we could only make it as simple to operate
as the humble fax machine then we would really have achieved something.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com