Re: [hylafax-users] blocked faxes - hylafax 4.4.3

Hi Aidan,

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

Do you have any logs about JOB 5532, 5530, 5477?  These are the jobs
that went "sleeping" that caused the other jobs to block behind them.
It appears as if they are sleeping, but with some very strange values
for TTS and killtime (values to big or too small show up in log as the
??:??:??).  I fyou have no logs, do you know what "notify" ran on them
when they were required, or have their last session logs?

Those fax-ids are faxes which all originally scheduled for friday,21th of December. That's because for our intended use we had to deal with some hylafax shortcomings in case of setting a fax "on hold". Till now it's not possible to commit a fax to hylafax "on hold" , so you have to explictly activate this fax again by using faxalter or via avantfax webpage.
So we did a work-around for this problem by setting a 2 weeks delay on these faxes, this explains those high tts and killtimes of 5532, 5530, 5477, 5476 and 5478.

Does hylafax has problems with those high tts and killtimes ?
As mentioned we used this "two weeks" delaytime in tts and killtime to simulate "on hold" status.

Is the hylafax scheduler getting confused by those high tts & killtimes so even faxes with earlier tts times got blocked ? This would explain our problems, but hylafax should get into troubles even with 2 weeks tts & killtimes, shouldn't it ?

Are there any other options to get a "on hold" function to work in hylafax and what's the highest tts & killtime hylafax scheduler is supporting right now ?

Regards,

Markus