Re: [hylafax-users] Working config for Digi Acceleport RAS?

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Lee Howard wrote:

The default firmware on the Digi Acceleport RAS cards is highly dysfunctional for fax. Class 2.0 may work tolerably well with the right modem configuration, but in my opinion it isn't acceptable. Class 1 just won't work at all due to some grave flaws in their Class 1 implementation.

I asked Digi for updated firmware. They sent it to me but got mostly the same results. Same for the Patton firmware (Asked them also, they did send me an update).

You said the Acceleport RAS can work "tolerably well" in class 2 with the right modem config. Do you happen to have one of those configs lying around? :-)

I've been banging my head against the server for days now over this :-/

These cards use the same driver as the Patton 2977. Patton has a firmware that will work. Unfortunately, it's not a firmware that they appear to be providing in their downloadable drivers. You'll probably need to contact them by e-mail or telephone and specifically request the "fax firmware" for the Patton 2977.

Once you replace the firmware in the driver it should work quite well.