[hylafax-users] faxgetty gonig bonkers

Hi everyone,

            I am experiencing a vexing problem concerning faxgetty.

I have hylafax and faxgetty installed on a machine running Fedora Core 5. The modem used is Zyxel Omni 56k Com plus connected via a usb-to-serial-adapter on USB0. It works, it receives faxes. BUT: faxgetty keeps respawning itself. After a couple of minutes (no fixed time or interval I can identify) in “ps fax | grep fax” I get a couple of “/usr/sbin/faxgetty –D ttyUSB0” processes listed. In order to fix that problem I changed my inittab to “#m0:35:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyUSB0” and wrote a little script which kills all faxgettys and starts ONE faxgetty every 15 minutes. Of course I did a “init 5” after I changed my inittab.

So has anyone any clue or idea why this bloddy faxgetty keeps respanwing itself. The problem is, that the modem gets locked and/or wedged so no more faxes are received.

Thanks for any tiny shred of advice

            Rolf

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions