Re: [hylafax-users] Working config for Digi Acceleport RAS?

Felipe Sanchez wrote:

Hi, I've been struggling with a couple of Digi Acceleport RAS 8 boards with not much luck so far.

Class 1 mode always seems to fail in misterious ways, mostly with failed speed training messages. I've read in the mailing list archives these boards are not so happy working in Class 1, so I tried class 2 and 2.0:

Class 2 / 2.0 always fails with a "Failed from +FK or <CAN>".

The default firmware on the Digi Acceleport RAS cards is highly dysfunctional for fax. Class 2.0 may work tolerably well with the right modem configuration, but in my opinion it isn't acceptable. Class 1 just won't work at all due to some grave flaws in their Class 1 implementation.

These cards use the same driver as the Patton 2977. Patton has a firmware that will work. Unfortunately, it's not a firmware that they appear to be providing in their downloadable drivers. You'll probably need to contact them by e-mail or telephone and specifically request the "fax firmware" for the Patton 2977.

Once you replace the firmware in the driver it should work quite well.