Re: [hylafax-users] Text => Postscript converson in faxmail

* Martin Bene <martin.bene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [071012 04:24]:

> > In the default typerules file that comes with HylaFAX, you'll find a
> > line something like:
> > 	>15     string          ascii           ps      textfmt
>
> That particular line shouldn't be it  - that should be a subtype for
> IRIS Inventor files.

Right...

> I had expected the line
>
> # This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
> 0      ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt ....
>
> to be used; however, changing this line doesn't have any influence
> whatsoever on the resulting ps file.
> Also, (with the unchanged file) textfmt never gets invoked at all -
> strace of faxmail shows that a postscript file gets written before the
> typerules is opened; no extenal programs/scrips are invoked at all.
>
> Any further ideas where I could look?

Of course - right, the text->ps is formatted internally, as part of the
e-mail.  That behaviour could easily be changed.

Do you still want the email headers formatted, or are you using the -N
switch too?

What we really want is a "flexible" way to allow user/admin to specify
exactly which parts of a message (headers, mime parts, certain
attachements).  Do you have any ideas on the best way to do that?  I'm
certainly willing to work an a patch that can implement this type of
stuff - I just haven't figured out how it should look to users.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103