[hylafax-users] AW: Text => Postscript converson in faxmail

Hi Aidan,
Thanks for your reply.

> > is there any place I can put a custom text =>
> > postscript converter to use instead of the internal conversion that
> > seems to be used now?
>
> Absolutely!  Mimeconverters was replace with the typerules system that
> the rest of the HylaFAX clients use.

That's what I had been expecting and what I tried to get to work, yes.
Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work:

> In the default typerules file that comes with HylaFAX, you'll find a
> line something like:
> 	>15     string          ascii           ps      textfmt

That particular line shouldn't be it  - that should be a subtype for
IRIS Inventor files.

I had expected the line

# This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
0      ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt ....

to be used; however, changing this line doesn't have any influence
whatsoever on the resulting ps file.
Also, (with the unchanged file) textfmt never gets invoked at all -
strace of faxmail shows that a postscript file gets written before the
typerules is opened; no extenal programs/scrips are invoked at all.

Any further ideas where I could look?

Thanks, martin