[hylafax-users] call answered but fax not received

I am having the following problem when receiving a fax. The call is answered and the fax seems to go through normally (and the sending side reports that the fax was sent correctly). However, hylafax has not received it, that is, no log files are written in /var/spool/hylafax/log, no tif is put in the /recvq, and "faxstat -r" does not show anything. I have recently installed hylafax on my machine and have been using it for a couple of days and things were working fine, until for no apparent reason hylafax stopped receiving the faxes even though it answers the calls (as described above). I assume faxgetty is answering the call, but why is it not handling the fax correctly?

I tried restarting hylafax, rebooting, and reinstalling the modem drivers, but still the problem persists. I increased the log level in the config.[device] file and the resulting logs in /var/log/messages or dmesg do not show any problem. I also looked into the mail lists archives but couldn't find any answer.

( I see the following line in /var/log/messages when hylafax is restarted, I am not sure what it means or if this could be the problem:
Oct 12 18:33:35 solo FaxGetty[7136]: MODEM input buffering disabled)

I'm not sure if this is modem-related or not, but in any case the modem I have is a PCI Crytpo 56k OEM with Motorola chipset and I'm using the SmartLink Soft Modem drivers (ungrab-winmodem, slamr, slmodemd). My HylaFAX version is 4.3.3 under Linux Fedora Core 6.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Yannis

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions