Re: [hylafax-users] Fax takes long time to send

* Nicolas Ross <rossnick-lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> [070907 09:50]:

> As for my problem, you made me realise something. While looking in my log
> at when we started seeing increased faxing time, it's almost to the minute
> the time we switch our pdf generating engine.
>
> Visualy, the pdf is almost the same, but converted to postscript and then
> to tiff via ps2fax, we clearly see where the problem is.
>
> http://www.cybercat.ca/~rossnick/fax.gif
>
> In this image, you can see on the left the old engine, and on the right the
> new one...
>
> I'll then see how to play with ghostscript options to remove this "noise",
> that is surely causing the problem...

The "noise" is probably a light grey (or even colour) background in the
original PDF.  The darkness get's "dithered" by Ghostscript in the
conversion to monochrome.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103