[hylafax-users] Fax takes long time to send

Hi !

We've got a fax server running RH 7.3, Hylafax 4.2.1, that's been sending and receiving faxes for the last 3 years or so. Receiving works great, it takes less than 30 seconds receiving a 1-page fax. Sending is an issue.

Since a couple of weeks, we've seen our send-time pass from less than a minute to 3 minutes and more for single-page fax. This impacts our long-distance charges, and of course our costs. So for exemple, sending a 23 pages pages takes 60 to 90 minutes.

Our fax server is in a rack, with a 8 port multi-serial card from Multitech, a single external modem, also from Multitech. This rack is inside a telco CO, so the distance with the telco CO is minimal. The phone pair is probably less than a 500 feet to the telco switch. We've talk to the tech support of the telco, and they coudn't not find anything wrong. We had a multitech "real" modem that we've installed into the server, we switch the phone cable and tried again, and the faxes still takes 3 times the time that usually takes.

We send all our fax in fine resolution (196 lines/inch), and always had since 3 years.

From this, where should I look ?

Thanks for any hints.