Re: [hylafax-users] Email to Fax Problem

* Thiago Figueiredo <thiago.figueiredo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [070614 11:52]:
> Hi,
>
> I installed and configured hylafax-client in Postfix machine but, when
> I try to send a fax, it gives the error message:
>
> status=bounced (Command died with status 255: "/usr/bin/faxmail".
> Command output: Password:faxmail: Login failed: 500 'PASS ': Syntax
> error, expecting password.. )
>
> Here are the modifications in the configuration file:
>
> master.cf
> (...)
> fax unix - n n - 1 pipe
>         flags= user=microtjf argv=/usr/bin/faxmail -d -n ${user}
>
> Where can I set that password? The user is a mailserver user or a fax
> user?

Unfortunately, no - there may be a way to do that in upcoming 4.4, but
not in any of 4.3 releases.

If you want faxmail to run "unattended" from postfix/exim/sendmail, etc,
it currently needs to be able to log in to hylafax *without* a password.

In your hosts.hfaxd, you will have to have client lines that allow your
MTA to log in with no password.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103