Re: [hylafax-users] Parallel installation of hfax 4.2.1 and 5.1.3 possible?

Papendieck, Thomas wrote:

I think it's a good idea to switch to hfax 5.1.3 but I have to make sure, that sending faxes will not brake with the change and as long as 4.2.1 is on the production box I'll still have to test my software against that version...

Is it possible to have a parallel installation of the 2 versions on the same computer?

It's possible, yes, but I would expect that you'd have more trouble with getting that done than you would conceivably have with just upgrading straight-up.

I would recommend that you make a backup and have a ready recovery procedure should in the unlikely event anything goes amiss.