[hylafax-users] Sending email to fax with attachements only using Faxmail

Hello,

I am a happy user of Hylafax for more than a year now, with Jhylafax as a favorite client (it runs fax and quite nice).

Now we want to go further with fax-to-mail and mail-to-fax integration. We have thus set up a nice test server with Qmail and Hylafax-5.1.2.

Hylafax works fine. Fax-to-mail works fine.

As for mail-to-fax, we followed these instructions in order to use faxmail :

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxmail.php
http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4
http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/misc/faxmail-mimeconverters.php

#!/bin/sh
#
#   mailfax - email to fax gateway for qmail.
#
#   This file should be installed as /local/etc/mailfax, and the
#   following changes made to the qmail configuration:
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
#       .fax:fax
#
#   Add the following to /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-fax-default
#       | /local/etc/mailfax
#

TMPVAR=${SENDER//\`/}
TMPVAR=${TMPVAR//\$\(/}
SENDER=${TMPVAR//\)/}

/local/fax/bin/faxmail | /local/fax/bin/sendfax \
       -f "$SENDER" \
        -n \
       -d "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`"

# -n : to avoid the cover sheet

After some sweat (some because the rights on the attachment file extracted by faxmail to /tmp/ were restricted and that ghostscript could not process...), we could make finally the path qmail->faxmail->hylafax work.

Our objective is to send (email-to-) fax with only the pdf attachments. This means we don't want the first page with the headers (Message-id, Date, To, Subject, From, Cc).

We thus followed the chapter "ENVELOPE PROCESSING" of the faxmail man page. We send messages from our own dll, meaning we know we pass over the tags to qmail, that are indeed processed by faxmail.

The faxmail suggest all headers will not appear when passing the following tag :

We also combined the tags

When sending test messages, the faxes are processed, the headers are indeed cleared but we get empty pages instead, followed by our converted pdf.

Does anyone know the trick how to send just the pdf file by email to hylafax ?

Preferably, is it possible to do that without changing faxmail.c++ ?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

--
Support technique