Re: [hylafax-users] set outgoing number

Moritz Winterberg wrote:

What is the difference between Hylafax anf Hylafax+ in terms of
strategy, philosophy and so on ?

That's documented here:

 http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/about.php
 http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/hylafax-differences.php

Will they always share the same codebase (apart from hylafax+
additional features) ?

Although in a liberal sense one could accurately answer that question with a yes, the two actually use different code repositories. Although there are lots of additional features in HylaFAX+ there are also a large number of what I consider bug fixes and fax protocol improvements.

I make a deliberate effort to port any relevant changes that occur in the hylafax.org code repository to the sourceforge repository. On occasion I disagree with what's being done (like the mail templating, for example), and that doesn't get ported. Some of the sourceforge repository changes have made their way back to the hylafax.org repository... but not enough to make the differences negligible.