Re: [hylafax-users] Cannot send faxes using Duxbury/IP586x modem

Frank Millman wrote:

265	0.00007934	svchost.exe	IRP_MJ_WRITE	Serial0	SUCCESS	Length 10: AT+FTM=145
274	1.71815161	svchost.exe	IRP_MJ_READ	Serial0	TIMEOUT	Length 11: ..CONNECT..
302	0.40484475	svchost.exe	IRP_MJ_READ	Serial0	TIMEOUT	Length 6: ..OK..

Those three lines are the relevant portion of the log that I needed to compare with what was happening with that modem in HylaFAX.

Notice that here you see the modem doing what it is supposed to do, whereas when you have it running with Linux/HylaFAX you get:

<-- AT+FTM=145
--> CONNECT
<-- data, DLE+ETX
--> NO CARRIER

So basically the modem is behaving differently in Windows than it does in Linux/HylaFAX. If this is a winmodem then it can be explained entirely by a difference in the drivers. However, (and otherwise) the problem could be in the particulars of the modem setup used by the application. Here is how the Windows application initialized the modem:

AT&FS0=0E0V1Q0
ATS7=60&D3&K4
ATX4M1L0
AT+FCLASS=1
Rate: 57600

AT&F is roughly equivalent to ATZ, and HylaFAX prefers ATZ - I don't think there's a difference there. HylaFAX uses ATS0=0 as well as ATE0, ATV1, and ATQ0. HylaFAX also uses ATS7=60. The ATM1L0 deals with speaker control and is configurable in HylaFAX and should be irrelevant to the matter-at-hand. The AT&K4 indicates that the Windows app is using software flow control. The AT&D3 deals with DTR handling and is configurable in HylaFAX and should also be irrelevant. The session log that you sent shows that you had HylaFAX using software flow control. You may want to double-check that you have this in your modem config file:

ModemSoftFlowCmd: AT&K4

However, the only difference is probably the rate. Change your ModemRate setting in your modem config file to this:

ModemRate: 57600

So at this point I think that I need to take a look at your modem config file if things still don't work. Please send your modem config file as well as the probemodem output when run against your modem.