Re: [hylafax-users] help with client software to send

> John Hiemenz wrote:
>
>> I have port 4559 tcp/udp open on my firewall and forwarded to the ip of
>> my
>> HylaFAX server.
>>
>> I have then installed WHFC, I have it configured with my user name and
>> it
>> prompts me for a password.  Login seems to be OK since I can then see
>> the
>> status line on the bottom of the window has changed to show the 220
>> header
>> information.  WHFC hangs at this point and is unresponsive. Windows even
>> shows 'Not Responding' in the title bar.
>
> Hi,
>
> this is a problem with your friewall setup. Check out the WHFC FAQ under
> http://whfc.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc_faq.shtml#WHFChangs
> This should give you a pointer, how to configure a packet filter for the
> usage of the HylaFAX protocol.
>
> Uli
> --

Perhaps I need to explain more.

I am using a hardware firewall/router (linksys). I also have vsftpd
running on this server.  I use the same rule to enable ftp in my firewall
and ftp transfers work fine.  There are no packet filters in the linksys
router, just simple check boxes to allow TCP/UDP traffic on a given port.

I also no not understand why I would need to use passive mode, passive
mode does not work with ftp either, so I do not use passive mode there and
then ftp works fine.  Does this mean that HylaFAX supports _only_ passive
mode?