Re: [hylafax-users] help with client software to send

John Hiemenz wrote:

I have port 4559 tcp/udp open on my firewall and forwarded to the ip of my
HylaFAX server.

I have then installed WHFC, I have it configured with my user name and it
prompts me for a password.  Login seems to be OK since I can then see the
status line on the bottom of the window has changed to show the 220 header
information.  WHFC hangs at this point and is unresponsive. Windows even
shows 'Not Responding' in the title bar.

Hi,

this is a problem with your friewall setup. Check out the WHFC FAQ under http://whfc.uli-eckhardt.de/whfc_faq.shtml#WHFChangs
This should give you a pointer, how to configure a packet filter for the usage of the HylaFAX protocol.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                  http://www.uli-eckhardt.de

Ein Blitzableiter auf dem Kirchturm ist das denkbar stärkste
Misstrauensvotum gegen den lieben Gott. (Karl Krauss)