[hylafax-users] **ANNOUNCE** 4.3.2rc1 now available

Folks,

The HylaFAX Development Team is pleased to announce the availability of 4.3.2rc1, the first release candidate of the next version of HylaFAX.

For more information and to download, see:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Beta_Versions

Please note that a source RPM for CentOS/RHEL is available at:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Red_Hat_Packages

which should also build on Fedora, Suse, and SLES distributions using

'rpmbuild --rebuild <filename of source rpm>'.

We've done a lot of cleanup work to make the email templating more portable, powerful and robust in this release. There's a very good chance that subject lines containing non-ascii characters will be encoded correctly now, and we've also added a sample HTML template which you can check out by setting

TEMPLATE=html-sample1

in etc/FaxDispatch, etc/FaxNotify and/or etc/PollDispatch. We'd appreciate as much feedback as possible on the various language templates as well as this new sample HTML one. We'd be especially interested in adding a few more sample templates for people to use as starting points, so if you have a flair for design or just think the current defaults are ugly, we'd love to hear from you. For more information on templating, see:

http://www.hylafax.org/content/Handbook:Advanced_Server_Configuration:Email_Templating

In other news, we completely refactored the PAM support code, and added Debian package build support, and fixed a few other bugs while we were at it. The complete list of changes since 4.3.1 is as follows:

o Encode subject headers (using B encoding) when necessary (9 Feb 2007)
o Added sample HTML templates to demonstrate templating features (9 Feb 2007)
o Added error exit codes to faxinfo (7 Feb 2007)
o PAM reworked to use complete sessions independantly (25 Jan 2007)
o Added debian/ directory with rules to create a simple Debian package (21 Jan 2007)
o Simplify/Unify mime encoder selection and use (9 Jan 2007/29 Jan 2007)
o Add the Include: option for Config file options (8 Jan 2007)
o Redirected unwanted output from pd2pdf while running notify (24 Dec 2006)
o Use @SCRIPT_SH@ for bin/ scripts to allow configure selection (23 Dec 2006)
o Updated pollrcvd to use templates (22 Dec 2006)
o Moved default templates to etc/tempates/en/ to clean up etc/templates/ (22 Dec 2006)

-Darren