[hylafax-users] help with client software to send

I have HylaFAX v4.3.1 installed on a SuSE v9.3 machine and running
successfully.  Modem is an external US Robotics V.Everything on ttyS1
configured as Class 1.

I am able to send faxes from the local server.  I desire to send faxes
from remote clients and cannot seem to get this working.

I have port 4559 tcp/udp open on my firewall and forwarded to the ip of my
HylaFAX server.

I created a user 'hemo' with faxadduser and try some manual connections to
test access, I get the 220 header and can login:

220 test.myfax.com server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.3.1) ready.
user hemo
230 User hemo logged in.
stat
211-test.myfax.com HylaFAX server status:
    HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.3.1
    Connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Logged in as user hemo (uid 60002)
    "/" is the current directory
    Current job: (default)
    Time values are handled in GMT
    Idle timeout set to 900 seconds
    Using long replies
    No server down time currently scheduled
    HylaFAX scheduler reached at /FIFO (not connected)
    Server FIFO is /client/31671 (open)
    File cache: 15 lookups, 0 hits (0.0%), 1.1 avg probes
        15 entries (1.6 KB), 0 entries displaced, 0 entries flushed
    TYPE: ASCII; STRU: File; MODE: Stream; FORM: PS
    No client data connection
211 End of status
quit
221 Goodbye.

If I issue a 'LIST' command when testing connection manually above, it
seems to hang and hfaxd doesn't respond any longer.

I have then installed WHFC, I have it configured with my user name and it
prompts me for a password.  Login seems to be OK since I can then see the
status line on the bottom of the window has changed to show the 220 header
information.  WHFC hangs at this point and is unresponsive. Windows even
shows 'Not Responding' in the title bar.

Can anyone help me with debugging and correcting this?  Is my problem more
likely a configuration on HylaFAX or is WHFC more likely the issue?  Are
there some other things I can try with a manual telnet to test things?

----
JH