Re: [hylafax-users] help with client software to send

The problem is likely to be your network; the HylaFAX protocol is similar
to FTP, and therefore, the same issues that pertain to FTP pertain to
HylaFAX.

In your case, you haven't forwarded the necessary ports; the mechanics of
this are quite different depending on whether you're using active or
passive mode.  Depending on your firewall, you may have luck using a
module designed to handle ftp.